Wednesday 29 April 2015

Possible main movie titles

When it came to deciding the main movie titles, I wanted something original and non-cliche. Many period dramas use the protagonist's name as the main title,  however I didn't want to completely follow the codes and conventions. I looked at some titles for inspiration which can be seen below:




Eventually, I put together a list of english titles together but none of them felt right:
The Hunt
The Witch Hunt
The Irish Witch
The Islandmagee Witches
The Islandmagee Witch Trials

Therefore, I decided to go with something more in-keeping with the Irish theme by using gaelic to present our titles, much like the polish titling in Joan Mother of Angels. Below are a few of the possible main titles:
an Hunt
An Hunt Cailleach An Cailleach na hÉireann Na Witches Islandmagee Na Trialacha Cailleach Islandmagee

Eventually, we decided to go with the following which is a variation of "The Witch Hunt" in Irish:





No comments:

Post a Comment